Perspectives on practice and meaning in mathematics and science classrooms
Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Negotiating meanings - an introduction / David Clarke -- Complementary accounts methodology / David Clarke -- Untangling uncertainty, negotiation, and intersubjectivity / David Clarke -- Accounting for accounts of learning mathematics: reading the ZPD in videos and transcripts / Stephen Lerman -- Mathematical interactions and their influence on learning / Derek Holton, Gill Thomas -- Interest in learning and classroom interaction / Mary Ainley -- Cognitive engagement in the mathematics classroom / Sue Helme, David Clarke -- Measuring values in classroom teaching and learning / Carol Lewis-Shaw -- Opportunities to learn science? Multiple contexts at work in a science classroom / Susan Rodrigues -- Role of gesture in co-constructing mathematical understanding / Robert Reeve, Fiona Reynolds -- Learning and teaching from ignorance to understanding / John Baird -- Teaching/learning / David Clarke. Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2002. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- LCC: QA11.2
- Dewey Decimal: 510/.71
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 355 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching
- Science -- Study and teaching
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books