Peer review and teacher leadership: linking professionalism and accountability
Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-216) and index. Professional accountability -- Peer assistance and review: a teachers union-school district partnership -- The work of the PAR coaches: supporting and assessing classroom teaching -- The work of the PAR panel: supporting and assessing teacher evaluation -- Two cases of PAR in action -- Interrupting norms of "being nice": PAR as a combination of formative and summative assessment -- Interrupting norms of hierarchy: PAR as a distribution of leadership responsibility for teacher evaluation -- Interrupting norms of isolation: PAR as a site for professional learning community -- Interrupting norms of negligence: PAR as an accountability mechanism -- Implementing PAR -- Teachers at the professional threshold.
- LCC: LB1775
- Dewey Decimal: 371.14/4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 226 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books