Passion and principle: John and Jessie Frémont, the couple whose power, politics, and love shaped nineteenth-century America
Includes bibliographical references (p. -440) and index. John 1813-1840 -- Jessie 1824-1840 -- The pathfinder and his wife 1840-1844 -- Bear flag 1845-1848 -- Gold 1849-1855 -- Free speech, free soil, free men, Frémont 1855-1857 -- War 1857-1862 -- Retreat 1862-1902.
- LCC: E415.9
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 460 p.,  p. of plates : ill., maps, ports. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Frémont, John Charles,1813-1890
- Frémont, Jessie Benton,1824-1902
- Frémont, John Charles,1813-1890 -- Marriage
- Explorers -- West (U.S.) -- Biography
- Pioneers -- West (U.S.) -- Biography
- Generals -- United States -- Biography
- Politicians -- United States -- Biography
- Women pioneers -- West (U.S.) -- Biography
- Politicians' spouses -- United States -- Biography
- Married people -- United States -- Biography
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books