"This volume advances the debate between communitarians and liberals by particularising it to the experience of Jews living in the modern world. Since the Enlightenment, Jews have been offered the opportunity to participate in civil society and this option has caused a reconceptualisation of the relationships between the individual Jew and the communities, religious and secular, of which he or she is a member. The book presents nine specially commissioned essays by renowned scholars, who focus on the variety of views that may be taken of these relationships."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: BM645
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 219 p. ; 23 cm.
- Judaism and politics -- Congresses
- Liberalism -- Religious aspects -- Judaism -- Congresses
- Liberty -- Religious aspects -- Judaism -- Congresses
- Political science -- Philosophy -- Congresses
- Philosophy, Jewish -- Congresses
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books