On board the Titanic: what it was like when the great liner sank
Seventeen-year-old Jack Thayer explores the Titanic and forms a brief friendship with another passenger before experiencing the wreck of the giant ocean liner. One of the world's most well-known historic events, the sinking of the "Titanic" in 1912 grippingly unfolds in this story told from the perspectives of 17-year-old Jack Thayer, a passenger, and 22-year-old Harold Bride, the ship's junior wireless operator. Stunning, full-color illustrations, detailed diagrams of the ship's interior, and rare photographs convey a wealth of information to complement the gripping story.
"An I was there book." "First published in the United States by Hyperion Books for Children"--T.p. verso. "A Hyperion/Madison Press book."
- LCC: PZ7
- Dewey Decimal: 910/.91634
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 48 p. : col. ill. ; 24 x 29 cm.
- Titanic (Steamship) -- Juvenile fiction
- Titanic (Steamship) -- Fiction
- Shipwrecks -- Fiction
- Ocean liners -- Fiction
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books