Oceans: The Threats to Our Seas and What You Can Do to Turn the Tide (Participant Guide)
This unique tie-in to the major motion picture Oceanscoming this April from Disney & National Geographicexplores the health of our oceans, and what we can do to improve it. More than 75 percent of the globe is covered by the oceans. It is sometimes difficult to understand why it is called Planet Earth rather than Planet Ocean. Since half the worlds human population lives within a stones throw of an ocean coastline, the oceans health is increasingly important. Rich with resources and potentialas a source of renewable energy, new drugs, drinking waterfor years we have treated them as both infinite and undamageable. But they are not. Over-fishing, climate change, pollution, acidification, and more have put the worlds oceans and marine life at great risk. Oceans gathers some of the most insightful visionaries, explorers, and ocean lovers marine biologists, politicians, environmentalists, fishermen, sportsmen, deep divers, and morein a unique anthology, in which each speaks to a unique aspect of our worlds most dimly understood dimension.
- Dewey Decimal: 333.9164
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.1"x0.9"; 0.9 lb; 336 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-04-13
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Natural Resources
- Business & Investing -- Real Estate -- General
- Entertainment -- Movies -- General
- Outdoors & Nature -- Conservation -- General
- Outdoors & Nature -- Ecology -- Living on the Land -- General
- Outdoors & Nature -- Environment -- Conservation
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Marine Biology
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Marine Biology -- General
- Science -- Nature & Ecology -- Oceans & Seas -- Oceanography -- General
- Science -- Nature & Ecology -- Oceans & Seas -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books