A rare, inside look at real life in the west bank, introduced by one of the world's leading Palestinian intellectuals.Almost forty years after the Israeli military occupation of Palestine, scenes from everyday life in the West Bank remain rare and fragmented in the West. Despite its prominence in world news, surprisingly little is known about daily life in this troubled land. Yet with the publication of former President Jimmy Carter's controversial new book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, it has become clear that an unvarnished view of Palestinian life is an essential prerequisite to peace. In Notes on the Occupation, critic and intellectual Eric Hazan provides crucial insight into life in the occupied state.The result of a month-long visit to the region during the summer of 2006, including visits to Nablus, Qalqilyah, and Hebron, Hazan's eloquent account reveals the complex and devastating impact of the occupation.With an introduction by celebrated Middle East scholar Rashid Khalidi and an epilogue by activist Michel Warschawski, Notes on the Occupation is a rare portrait of a population living with the reality of war and the dream of peace.
- Dewey Decimal: 956.053
- Physical Description: 4.8"x7.1"x0.7"; 0.3 lb; 128 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-11-26
- History -- Asia -- General
- History -- Middle East -- Israel
- History -- Middle East -- Palestine
- History -- Middle East -- General
- History -- World -- Islamic
- History -- World -- Jewish -- General
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Political Science -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- Race Relations -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books