North American Railroads: The Illustrated Encyclopedia
This richly illustrated encyclopedia of classic and contemporary American railroads features consise histories of 101 U.S. and Canadian railroads past and present. Illustrated with period and modern photography in both color and black and white, evocative print ads, and system maps, each profile is also accompanied by one or more fact boxes offering details on the railroads' geographic scope, hardware, and freight and passenger operations. Spanning more than a century and a half, this giant compendium of �fallen flags,� Class I behemoths, classic regional carriers, and transportation icons is sure to become the go-to compendium for railfans of all stripes.
- Dewey Decimal: 385.09703
- Physical Description: 9.4"x11.0"x1.2"; 4.0 lb; 320 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-06-15
- Professional & Technical -- Automotive -- Motorcycles
- Professional & Technical -- Transportation -- Railroads
- Education & Reference
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books