Based on the author's thesis, Indiana University. Includes index. Bibliography: p. 232-244.
- LCC: E443
- Dewey Decimal: 301.44/93/0973
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 251 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Slaves -- United States -- Social conditions
- Slavery -- United States -- Condition of slaves
- Afro-Americans -- Southern States
- African Americans -- Southern States
- Afro-Americans -- Folklore
- Southern States -- Race relations
- African Americans -- Folklore
- Folklore and history -- Southern States
- Slavery -- United States -- Folklore
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books