Includes bibliographical references and index. The natural history of discourse / Michael Silverstein and Greg Urban -- Entextualization, replication, and power / Greg Urban -- Text from talk in Tzotzil / John B. Haviland -- The secret life of texts / Michael Silverstein -- "Self"-centering narratives / Vincent Crapanzano -- Shadow conversations / Judith T. Irvine -- Exorcism and the description of participant roles / William F. Hanks -- Socialization to text / James Collins -- Recontextualization as socialization : text and pragmatics in the law school classroom / Elizabeth Mertz -- The construction of an LD student : a case study in the politics of representation / Hugh Mehan -- National spirit or the breath of nature? : the expropriation of folk positivism in the discourse of Greek nationalism / Michael Herzfeld -- Transformations of the word in the production of Mexican festival drama / Richard Bauman -- Codafication [sic] / Greg Urban and Michael Silverstein.
- LCC: P35
- Dewey Decimal: 401/.41
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 352 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books