Native sources of Japanese industrialization, 1750-1920
"A Philip E. Lilienthal book"--Series t.p. Includes bibliographical references and index. Premodern economic growth : Japan and the West -- The land tax in the Tokugawa period -- Farm family by-employments in preindustrial Japan -- Peasant families and population control in eighteenth-century Japan -- Japan's aristocratic revolution -- The discontented -- "Merit" as ideology in the Tokugawa period -- ?kura Nagatsune and the technologists -- Peasant time and factory time in Japan -- The right to benevolence : dignity and Japanese workers, 1890-1920.
- LCC: HC462
- Dewey Decimal: 330.952
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 278 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books