Bestselling author Pat Conroy acknowledges the books that have shaped him and celebrates the profound effect reading has had on his life.
The lily -- Gone with the wind -- The teacher -- Charles Dickens on Daufuskie Island -- The librarian -- The Old New York Book Shop -- The book rep -- My first writers' conference -- On being a military brat -- A southerner in Paris -- A love letter to Thomas Wolfe -- The Count -- My teacher, James Dickey -- Why I write.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (x, 337 p.) : ill.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books