Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction / Andrew N. Weintraub -- Agency and voice : the Philippines at the 1998 Smithsonian Folklife Festival / Ricardo D. Trimillos -- Use and ownership : folk music in the People's Republic of China / Helen Rees -- Access and control : a key to reclaiming the right to construct Hawaiian history / Amy Ku?uleialoha Stillman -- National patrimony and cultural policy : the case of the Afroperuvian cajón / Javier F. León -- Historical legacy and the contemporary world : UNESCO and China's qin music in the twenty-first century / Bell Yung -- Representation and intracultural dynamics : Romani musicians and cultural rights discourse in Ukraine / Adriana Helbig -- Representing Tibet in the global cultural market : the case of Chinese-Tibetan musician Han Hong / Nimrod Baranovitch -- Music and human rights : the Afroreggae cultural group and the youth from the favelas as responses to violence in Brazil / Silvia Ramos and Ana María Ochoa -- In search of a cross-cultural legal framework : indigenous musics as a worldwide commodity / Felicia Sandler.
- LCC: ML3799
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 313 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Entertainment -- Music
- Law -- Intellectual Property
- Nonfiction -- Politics
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences
- Music -- Social aspects
- Cultural property
- Human rights
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books