This book features ten short mystery and suspense stories sure to entertain, surprise, and intrigue the reader. In the short story, Murder in a Country Town, the narrator, an avid hunter, is obsessed with killing the sheriff of a small country town. What is at the root of the narrator's hatred toward the sheriff? In a high stakes game of cat and mouse, exactly who has the upper hand? Will the narrator be successful, or will the hunter become the hunted? In another story, a young accountant is working late in the office on a Friday night. Living alone, he calls home to leave himself a simple reminder message. Instead of hearing his answering machine, someone answers the phone. When he asks to speak to himself, the familiar voice says, "Speaking". He quickly comes to a startling realization. The voice sounds identical to his.
- Physical Description: 5.4"x8.2"x0.6"; 0.6 lb; 184 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-06-05
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books