Motherless mothers: how mother loss shapes the parents we become
Includes bibliographical references (p. -396) and index. Motherhood and mourning: the power to heal -- Pregnancy: time to prepare -- Labor and delivery: crossing the threshold -- Postpartum: the first six weeks -- Getting attached: mother-child bonding -- Zero to four: raising babies, toddlers, and preschoolers -- The absent grandmother: filling the void -- The grandma in heaven: explaining death to kids -- Protective parenting: keeping everyone safe -- Five to twelve: the school-age years -- The drive to survive: keeping yourself safe -- It's about the child: keeping the focus clear -- Raising teenagers: the zone of the unknown.
- LCC: HQ759
- Dewey Decimal: 155.9/370852
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxiii, 410 p. ; 24 cm.
- Mothers -- Psychology
- Adult children -- Psychology
- Maternal deprivation
- Loss (Psychology)
- Mothers and daughters
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books