Modern theories of performance: from Stanislavski to Boal
Includes bibliographical references (p. 179-192) and index. Stanislavski's theoretical system -- Proposals for reform : Appia and Craig -- The popular front : Meyerhod and Copeau -- Artaud and the Manifesto -- Grotowski and theoretical training -- Boal's theoretical history. Boal on Aristotle ; Boal on Machiavelli and Shakespeare ; Boal on Hegel and Brecht ; Boal and Freire -- Conclusion : from theoretical practitioners to theorized performance.
- LCC: PN2039
- Dewey Decimal: 792/.01
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 198 p. ; 23 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books