Modern Power System Planning covers the area of planning in the electrical supply industry, from power station generation to transmission and distribution. It will enable the practising engineer to implement the increasingly sophisticated and most modern techniques of planning. The text offers a clear, detailed treatment of this subject with each chapter building on the material of the previous one. The reader is familiarized with mathematical and statistical theory before the applications are introduced, and the material in each chapter is cross-referenced for clarity and to reinforce the concepts presented. The authors have taken a unified approach to reliability and planning analysis. Included in its coverage are the definition of general reliability indices, plant maintenance scheduling, generation system and transmission network planning, and forecasting techniques and applications. The use of optimization techniques for these processes is explored in depth. In every chapter there are detailed case studies based on the authors' practical experience and research. These are drawn from actual power system planning projects, thus placing the work directly into the context of current practice in industry. Thus, the reader is provided with a text giving a unique breadth and depth of education in this subject.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- LCC: TK1191
- Dewey Decimal: 621.31/068/4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 465 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: £45.00
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books