Michaelmas: An Introductory Reader (Pocket Library of Spiritual Wisdom)
Rudolf Steiner, the frequently undervalued, multifaceted genius of the twentieth century, contributed much to the regeneration of culture. In addition to his philosophical teachings, he provided ideas for the development of many practical activities, including education, agriculture, medicine, economics, architecture, science, religion, and the arts. Steiner's original contribution to human knowledge was based on his ability to conduct "spiritual research," the investigation of metaphysical dimensions of existence. With his scientific and philosophical training, he brought a new systematic discipline to the field, allowing for conscious methods and comprehensive results. A natural seer from childhood, he cultivated his spiritual vision to a high degree, enabling him to speak with authority on previously veiled mysteries of life. In this introductory reader, Matthew Barton has collected excerpts from Steiner's many talks and writings on the subject of Michaelmas, one of the key spiritual festivals of the yearly cycle. The volume also features an editorial introduction, afterword, commentary, and notes. Chapters: Sinking Earth, Rising Spirit; Michael and the Dragon; Michael, Spirit of Our Age; Toward a Michael Festival
- Dewey Decimal: 210
- Physical Description: 4.9"x6.8"x0.6"; 0.3 lb; 148 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-08
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books