Straightforward and practical, this is the first book to provide detailed guidance for using neurobiological methods in the study of human social behavior, personality, and affect. Each chapter clearly introduces the method at hand, provides examples of the method's applications, discusses its strengths and limitations, and reviews concrete experimental design considerations. Written by acknowledged experts, chapters cover neuroimaging techniques, genetic measurement, hormonal methods, lesion studies, startle eyeblink responses, facial electromyography, autonomic nervous system responses, and modeling based on neural networks.
- Dewey Decimal: 612.82
- Physical Description: 6.4"x9.0"x1.2"; 1.4 lb; 353 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-01-09
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Clinical Psychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Neuropsychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Social Psychology & Interactions
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Neurology -- Neuroscience
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Neurology -- Neuroscience
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books