Includes bibliographical references (p. 289-315) and indexes. Introduction: What ecology can't do -- Ecological concepts are problematic -- Ecological theory is problematic -- Ecological science is value laden -- What ecology can do: The logic of case studies -- Ecology and a new account of rationality -- Objections to ethical rationality in ecology -- A case study: The Florida panther -- Policy aspects of the Florida-panther case -- Conclusions.
- LCC: QH540.5
- Dewey Decimal: 574.5/01
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 328 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books