A fascinating and authoritative introduction to the science of meteorites, written by leading experts in the field. Meteorites are rocks from space that have fallen to the Earth's surface. Once considered bad omens, they are now recognized for giving us a unique insight into the nature of the material that was present when our solar system formed. In Meteorites, experts from the Natural History Museum in London, England, provide a compelling and up-to-date introduction to these otherworldly objects. This fully illustrated guide reveals: What meteorites are Where meteorites come from What they tell us about our solar system The latest information on key meteorite falls. In clear, jargon-free language, the authors explain how meteorites provide us with invaluable information about planets beyond Earth -- both within our solar system and around other stars. With its combination of color photographs, diagrams and maps, Meteorites is the ultimate reference to these mysterious objects from space.
- Dewey Decimal: 523.51
- Physical Description: 7.5"x9.9"x0.4"; 0.8 lb; 112 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-12-23
- children's books
- Science & Math -- Astronomy & Space Science -- Astronomy
- Science & Math -- Astronomy & Space Science -- Astrophysics & Space Science
- Science & Math -- Earth Sciences -- Geology
- Science & Math -- Earth Sciences -- Mineralogy
- Science & Math -- Nature & Ecology -- Rocks & Minerals
- Science & Math -- Physics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books