Metaphysical community: the interplay of the senses and the intellect
"Leading exponent of discourse-centered approach examines social organization of the Shokleng, G�-speaking peoples of southern Brazil. Author suggests a reading in terms of the problematic of knowledge: the theme of intelligibility and sensibility and their interrelations; logical empiricism and its connection to the world; the attachment of circulating discourse to sensible space; the relation of discourse and power relations; and the relation of discourse to reference"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 57. http://lcweb2.loc.gov/hlas/
Includes bibliographical references (p. -277) and index. 1. A Tapir's Heart -- 2. We the Living -- 3. The Hole in the Sky -- 4. A Lock of Hair in a Ball of Wax -- 5. The Jaguar's Spots -- 6. This Is Your Making -- 7. Rocks That Talk -- 8. Between Myth and Dream.
- LCC: F2519.1
- Dewey Decimal: 398.2/0899808164
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 288 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Indian philosophy -- Brazil -- Posto Indigena de Ibirama
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Posto Indigena de Ibirama -- Psychology
- Oral tradition -- Brazil -- Posto Indigena de Ibirama
- Discourse analysis, Narrative -- Brazil -- Posto Indigena de Ibirama
- Socialantropologi -- Brasilien -- Indianer -- Brasilien
- Folktro -- Brasilien
- Indianer -- Brasilien
- Socialantropologi -- Brasilien
- Myter -- Brasilien
- Religionshistoria -- Brasilien
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Posto Indigena de Ibirama -- Folklore
- Posto Indigena de Ibirama (Brazil) -- Social life and customs
- Posto Indigena de Ibirama
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books