This new Mergers and Acquisitions casebook book, written by Robert B. Thompson, a leading scholar and teacher in the field, equips students with the legal rules and economic and financial principles they will need to help clients make keen strategic choices during an acquisition. Mergers and Acquisitions: Law and Finance offers up-to-date and rich, yet succinct, coverage with the perfect mix of theory and practice. Among the features of this casebook that you will find compelling: A finely honed focus on how lawyers create value in a transactional setting , which prepares students for practice by teaching them not only the legal rules but also the economic and financial principles that shape the strategy of lawyers and the clients they advise Rich but accessible coverage of valuation, demonstrating for students the core principles that underlie how courts and finance experts value companies Coverage of insider trading put within a broader discussion of the economic value of information Discussion of the poison pill in terms of how a poison pill can achieve the solution to a specific legal problem in a creative and unusual way The Deal, a note after each case that clearly outlines who the parties were and what they were trying to accomplish, deepening students understanding
- Dewey Decimal: 346.7306626
- Physical Description: 7.7"x10.2"x1.3"; 2.4 lb; 576 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-06-29
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books