Markedness theory the union of asymmetry and semiosis in language
Includes bibliographical references (p. 199-209) and index. The Principles of Jakobsonian Markedness Theory -- Peirce and Jakobson Revisited: A Reconciliation -- Markedness Theory as Mathematical Principle -- Myths About Markedness -- The Category of Grammatical Gender in Russian, Serbo-Croatian, and Modern Greek. Electronic reproduction.Palo Alto, Calif. :ebrary,2008.(e-Duke scholarly books collection).
- LCC: P299
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 220 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Jakobson, Roman,1896-1982
- Peirce, Charles S. -- (Charles Sanders),1839-1914
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Gender
- Markedness (Linguistics)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books