Includes bibliographical references (p. -254) and indexes. Introduction : Revealing a city/exploring its maps / Alex Krieger -- A brief history of Boston / Sam Bass Warner, Jr. -- Diagramming the growth of Boston / Nancy S. Seasholes and Amy Turner -- The mapping of New England before 1800 / Barbara McCorkle -- The Boston map trade of the eighteenth century / David Bosse -- Windows to our past : mapping in the nineteenth century and beyond / David Cobb -- The New England plates -- Gaining ground : Boston's topographical development in maps / Nancy S. Seasholes -- Experiencing Boston : encounters with the places on the maps / Alex Krieger -- The Boston plates -- Map of good hope : Boston in the American imagination / James Carroll.
- LCC: GA430
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 278 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 30 x 31 cm.
- Edition Info: (hc. : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books