Listening to the artifacts: music culture in ancient Palestine
Includes bibliographical references (p. 163-173) and index. Why study the music culture of ancient Israel/Palestine? -- What kinds of instruments did the ancients play and what might they tell us about them? -- Sex and gender in musical performance : who were the musicians in ancient Israel and the surrounding Near East? -- What were the performance contexts? : religious and secular musical performance in ancient Israel -- "A little elbow room, please?" : exploring performance space in ancient Israel/Palestine -- What does the future hold for the archaeomusicology of ancient Israel?
- LCC: ML162
- Dewey Decimal: 780.933
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 181 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover)
- Music -- Middle East -- To 500 -- History and criticism
- Musical instruments, Ancient -- Middle East
- Performance practice (Music) -- Middle East
- Middle East -- Antiquities
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books