Safety and reliability are important for the whole expected service duration of an engineering structure. Therefore, prognostical solutions for different building types are needed and uncertainties have to be handled. Life-cycle strategies to control future structural degradations by concepts of appropriate design have to be developed, in case including means of inspection, maintenance, and repair. Aspects of costs and sustainability also matter. The Cooperative Research Center for Lifetime-Oriented Design Concepts (SFB 398) at Ruhr University in Bochum combines the wide range of scientific topics between structural engineering, structural and soil mechanics and material sciences regarding structural lifetime management in this present extraordinary monolithic format. The characterization and modeling of lifetime-related external actions of multiple origin are presented in this book as well as the physical description, the modeling and the validation of material degradation. Adaptive numerical methods and simulation techniques are provided for the lifetime-oriented design concepts to forecast material and structural degradation. Stochastic aspects, mathematical optimization methods and interactions between various influences are included. Thus, a solid basis is provided for future practical use and also for standardization of structural design with respect to lifetime-prediction.
- Dewey Decimal: 600
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.2"x1.6"; 6.1 lb; 728 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-10-28
- Home & Garden -- Home Design -- Buildings & Construction
- Nonfiction -- Transportation -- Ships -- Repair & Maintenance
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- Construction -- Building Construction
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- Construction -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- Construction -- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- Structural
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Materials Science -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Mechanical -- General
- Science -- Technology -- General & Reference
- Sports -- Water Sports -- Boating
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books