Includes bibliographical references (p. 153-178) and index. Revelation -- Revelation as immediacy -- Revelation as enigma and paradox -- God -- Teleological suspensions -- Commanded love and divine transcendence -- Heteronomy -- The trauma of transcendence as heteronomous intersubjectivity -- Transcendence, heteronomy, and the birth of the responsible self -- Reversal -- The "logic" of solidarity -- Inverted intentionality : being addressed.
- LCC: B2430
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 185 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- Modern
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- Philosophy of Religion -- General
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- Philosophy of Religion -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- Religious
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- General
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- General AAS
- Religion & Spirituality -- Christianity -- Theology -- Philosophy
- Religion & Spirituality -- General
- Religion & Spirituality -- General AAS
- Lévinas, Emmanuel
- Kierkegaard, Søren,1813-1855
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books