Letters and Notes on the Manners, Customs and Condition of the North American Indians
1841. This edition contains both Volumes I and II of this book, which was written during the author's eight years of travel amongst the wildest tribes of Indians in North America. Includes 400 illustrations, carefully engraved from the author's paintings. During Catlin's eight-year odyssey among the Blackfoot, Poncas, Crow, and Mandans, he lived with them, acquired their languages, and studied very thoroughly their habits, customs and mode of life, making copious notes and many studies for paintings. Afterward he wrote books about them. He built a unique record of the people America was destroying. The work changed his painting. See other titles by this author available from Kessinger Publishing.
- Dewey Decimal: 305
- Physical Description: 7.5"x9.1"x1.8"; 3.1 lb; 824 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-03-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books