Legal rights: historical and philosophical perspectives
Includes bibliographical references and index. Editorial Introduction / Austin Sarat and Thomas R. Kearns -- Very Good Memories: Self-Defense and the Imagination of Legal Rights in Early Modern England / Annabel Patterson -- Natural Law and Natural Rights / Morton J. Horwitz -- Lincoln, Slavery, and Rights / William E. Cain -- Rights and Needs: The Myth of Disjunction / Jeremy Waldron -- Justifying the Rights of Academic Freedom in the Era of "Power/Knowledge" / Thomas L. Haskell -- The New Jural Mind: Rights without Grounds, without Truths, and without Things That Are Truly Rightful / Hadley Arkes -- Is the Idea of Human Rights Ineliminably Religious? / Michael J. Perry -- Rights in the Postmodern Condition / Pierre Schlag.
- LCC: JC571
- Dewey Decimal: 340/.112
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 315 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hc : alk. paper)
- Civil rights -- History
- Civil rights -- Philosophy
- Human rights -- History
- Human rights -- Philosophy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books