Languages of visuality: crossings between science, art, politics, and literature
Includes bibliographical references and index. Classical Greek origins of Western aesthetic theory / John T. Kirby -- Visible sounds and audible colors : the ocular harpsichord of Louis-Bertrand Castel / Joachim Gessinger -- Opera in the light of technology / Friedrich A. Kittler -- "Infinitely repellant orbs" : visions of the self in the American Renaissance / Richard Hardack -- "Moral astronomy" : on a metaphor in Novalis and its conceptual context / Karl Menges -- The dialectic of Romantic Enlightenment and the psychodynamics of the hypervisual in H�lderlin's Hyperion / Harald Weilnb�ck -- Aldo Palazzeschi and Giorgio de Chirico : decentralized antitraditional aesthetics / Anthony Julian Tamburri -- Myth, invisibility, and politics in the late work of Paul Klee / Kathryn E. Kramer -- The eye's mind : Henry James's The sacred fount and Vladimir Nabokov's The eye / Karen Jacobs -- "Teichoscopy" in the Wall novels of Peter Schneider and Uri Orlev / Jeffrey Garrett -- Visual citations : Walter Benjamin's dialectic of text and image / Azade Seyhan -- Writing and the nature of the supernatural image, or, Why ghosts float / Christopher Collins.
- LCC: BH39
- Dewey Decimal: 111/.85
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 270 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books