Language, thought and consciousness: an essay in philosophical psychology
Includes bibliographical references (p. 280-286) and index. 1. The geography of the issues -- 2. Which language do we think with? -- 3. Thought-based semantics -- 4. Holism and language -- 5. First steps towards a theory of consciousness -- 6. Second (-order) steps towards a theory of consciousness -- 7. A reflexive thinking theory of consciousness -- 8. The involvement of language in conscious thinking.
- LCC: BF455
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 291 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books