Kidnapped: Being Memoirs of the Adventures of David Balfour in the Year 1751
Set mainly in the Scottish Highlands in the years following the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745, Kidnapped follows the fortunes of the young David Balfour as he endeavours to claim the inheritance of which he has been cheated by his scheming Uncle Ebenezer. A tale of kidnap, shipwreck, murder and pursuit, Robert Louis Stevenson's classic adventure-story is as compelling now as when it was first published in 1886.
- Dewey Decimal: 823.8
- Physical Description: 7.0"x9.0"x1.2"; 1.9 lb; 289 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1993-03
- Children's Books -- Literature -- Classics
- Literature & Fiction -- Classics
- Literature & Fiction -- Literary
- Teens -- Literature & Fiction -- Adventure & Thrillers
- Teens -- Literature & Fiction -- Classics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books