Translation of: ?en?o?i. Includes bibliographical references (p. 237-238). Kentucky -- To Mary and Tselia -- Blue grass -- New earth: One: After the Civil War. A night of dreams. Morning. The end of the pack. In the new land of Canaan. Two: New life. Jake. Neighbors. Dixie land. Three: Winter. God has taken, God has given. Sholem Aleykhem-A Jew. Four: The city. Kin. Litvaks. Again Litvaks. Five: Joshua. Home. Unity. The synagogue. Six: Jacob. Vivian. In-laws. Seven: Children. Death. Evening shadows. Life. Eight: Years later. Children's children. David. The day -- John -- Joe: A greenhorn comes. Business. The calamity. In-laws. Jew and Gentile. Dust -- Kentucky -- George Washington: Saturday night. A weekday sermon. Thomas. Thanksgiving -- The silk shirt -- The end of Thomas: Hunger. Justice.
- LCC: PJ5129
- Dewey Decimal: 839/.0913
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 238 p. ; 24 cm.
- History -- Europe -- Germany -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- Poetry -- General
- Religion & Spirituality -- Judaism -- General
- Jews -- Kentucky -- Poetry
- Kentucky -- Poetry
- Yiddish poetry
- United States
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books