John Keats is one of the best-loved, admired, and most frequently studied Romantic poets, though he wrote only three volumes of poetry in his short life. This extraordinary biography looks at how Keats developed as a poet against the backdrop of the major events of his life. John Keats follows the poet through intense family ties and friendships, a medical apprenticeship and subsequent decision to pursue poetry, participation in the literary circles of London, travels within Britain, illness, and finally, death from tuberculosis at age 25. A vivid and authoritative introduction to Keats's remarkable life, John Keats is filled with photographs of landscapes and cityscapes from his life, portraits of the poet and his family, evocative paintings, and manuscripts of his works and letters.
- Dewey Decimal: 920
- Physical Description: 8.2"x10.6"x0.5"; 1.7 lb; 196 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1999-04-15
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Arts & Literature -- Authors
- Children's Books -- Literature -- Poetry -- General
- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Biographies -- Literary
- Literature & Fiction -- Poetry -- General
- Science -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books