Includes bibliographical references (p. 353-367) and index. Japanese literature : four polarities / J. Thomas Rimer -- Japanese aesthetics / Donald Keene -- The vocabulary of Japanese aesthetics, I, II, III / Wm. Theodore De Bary -- Ways of Japanese thinking / Graham Parkes -- Feminine sensibility in the Heian era / Donald Keene -- "Approach to Haiku" and "Basic principles" / Kenneth Yasuda -- Bash? on the art of the Haiku : impersonality in poetry / Makoto Ueda -- Zeami and the art of the n? drama : imitation, y?gen, and sublimity / Makoto Ueda -- The social environment of Tokugawa Kabuki / Donald H. Shively -- The wabi aesthetic through the ages / Haga K?shir? -- Bushid? : mode or ethic? / Roger T. Ames -- Culture in the present age / H. Paul Varley.
- LCC: BH221
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 378 p. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books