Describes how the United States Navy was expanded and improved during the Civil War and how ironclads and other armored vessels were used in various military operations.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: E591
- Dewey Decimal: 973.7/5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 64 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Armored vessels -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature
- Armored vessels -- History -- 19th century
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Blockades -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books