Introduction to Molecular Biology, Genomics and Proteomic for Biomedical Engineers (Biomedical Engineering)
An introductory text, this book has been written for engineers and scientists who have not studied molecular biology, genomics, and proteomics, and who are working with, or planning to work with, living systems. The author assumes readers are familiar with basic calculus, physics, and linear algebra. He describes the very complex biochemical relations that permit life to exist, highlighting the specialized organic molecules in living organism, and how they interact and react. This is a primer, not intended as an academic short cut or a replacement for formal, in-depth course work, but intended to broaden the background and pique the interest of undergraduate students.
- Dewey Decimal: 572
- Physical Description: 368 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-10-13
- Science -- Evolution -- Genetics
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Molecular Biology
- Medicine -- Special Topics -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Bioengineering -- Biomedical Engineering
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Bioengineering -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Chemical
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Molecular Biology
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Basic Sciences -- Biotechnology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books