Includes bibliographical references and index. 1. Introduction. Homart Development Co. -- 2. Linear Programming: Formulation and Applications. U.S. Air Force -- 3. Solving LP Problems: Graphical Method. North American Van Lines -- 4. Solving LP Problems: Simplex Method. American Airlines, Inc. -- 5. Sensitivity Analysis. Citgo Petroleum Corporation -- 6. Distribution and Assignment Problems. General Motors Corporation -- 7. Network Models. E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. -- 8. Project Scheduling. LTV Aerospace and Defense Company -- 9. Integer and Goal Programming. Mobil Oil Corporation -- 10. Dynamic Programming. Phillips Petroleum Company -- 11. Decision Theory. Ohio Edison Company -- 12. Forecasting. The Manitoba Telephone System -- 13. Queuing Models. The Xerox Corporation -- 14. Discrete Digital Simulation. United Airlines -- 15. Inventory Systems. IBM -- 16. Decision Support Systems. ICI Pharmaceuticals -- 17. Heuristics, AI, and Expert Systems. Digital Equipment Corporation -- 18. Markov Processes. Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) -- Appendix A: Cases -- Appendix B: Solving Simultaneous Linear Equations with Gaussian Elimination -- Appendix C: Areas of a Standard Normal Distribution -- Appendix D: The Chi-Square Distribution -- Appendix E: One-Tailed Table of Critical Values for the Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test -- Appendix F: Multiserver Poisson-Exponential Queuing System: Probability That the System Is Idle, P[subscript (0)] -- Appendix G: Random Numbers -- Appendix H: Answers to Selected Problems.
- LCC: HD30.25
- Dewey Decimal: 658.4/034
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 917 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: $42.00
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books