Introduction to Lithospheric Plate Boundaries. Crustal Evaluation Education Project. Teacher's Guide [and] Student Investigation
Crustal Evolution Education Project (CEEP) modules were designed to: (1) provide students with the methods and results of continuing investigations into the composition, history, and processes of the earth's crust and the application of this knowledge to man's activities and (2) to be used by teachers with little or no previous background in the modern theories of sea-floor spreading, continental drift, and plate tectonics. Each module consists of two booklets: a teacher's guide and student investigation. The teacher's guide contains all of the information present in the student investigation booklet as well as: (1) a general introduction; (2) prerequisite student background; (3) objectives; (4) list of required materials; (5) background information; (6) suggested approach; (7) procedure, including number of 45-minute class periods required; (8) summary questions (with answers); (9) extension activities; and (10) list of references. Objectives of this 1-2 period module include identifying divergent, convergent, and transform plate boundaries, demonstrating the relationship between plate boundaries on a sphere by rotation of a small piece of the sphere, and determining where earthquakes commonly occur along plate boundaries. (Author/JN)
Availability: Ward's Natural Science Establishment, Inc., P.O. Box 1712, Rochester, NY 14603 (or P.O. Box 1749, Monterey, CA 93940.).ericd Sponsoring Agency: National Science Foundation, Washington, DC.ericd Contract Number: SED-75-20151.ericd Contract Number: SED-77-08539.ericd Contract Number: SED-78-25104.ericd Access rights: Yes.ericd Educational level discussed: Secondary Education. Access rights: Yes.ericd Microfiche.[Washington D.C.]:ERIC Clearinghousemicrofiches : positive.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 13 p.
- Earth Science
- Instructional materials
- Science Activities
- Science Course Improvement Projects
- Science Curriculum
- Science education
- Science Instruction
- Secondary Education
- Secondary School Science
- Teaching guides
- Teaching Methods
- Crustal Evolution Education Project -- Plate Tectonics
- Earthquakes -- National Science Foundation
- Guides, Classroom -- Learner
- Guides, Classroom -- Teacher
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books