Interactive Media: The Semiotics of Embodied Interaction
The author discusses the existing theoretical approaches of semiotically informed research in HCI, what is useful and the limitations. He proposes a radical rethink to this approach through a re-evaluation of important semiotic concepts and applied semiotic methods. Using a semiotic model of interaction he explores this concept through several studies that help to develop his argument. He concludes that this semiotics of interaction is more appropriate than other versions because it focuses on the characteristics of interactive media as they are experienced and the way in which users make sense of them rather than thinking about interface design or usability issues.
- Dewey Decimal: 005.437019
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.1"x0.5"; 0.6 lb; 190 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-10-08
- Arts & Photography -- Design & Decorative Arts -- Graphic Design -- Commercial -- General
- Computers & Internet -- Computer Science -- Human-Computer Interaction
- Computers & Internet -- Programming -- General
- Computers & Internet -- Web Development -- Web Design -- General
- Computers & Internet -- Web Development -- Web Design -- General AAS
- Computers & Internet -- Web Development -- Website Architecture & Usability
- Computers & Internet -- General
- Computers & Internet -- General AAS
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Linguistics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books