Institutional trauma: major change in museums and its effect on staff
Includes bibliographical references (p. 183-184) and index. Preface / Elaine Heumann Gurian -- Introduction / Rina Bar-Lev Elieli and Laurence J. Gould -- Moving the museum / Elaine Heumann Gurian -- Mitigating staff stress in a natural disaster / John R. Brumgardt -- The Unionization of the Exploratorium / Joseph G. Ansel, Jr. -- The Illness and death of the chairman / Marcia White and Talbert Spence -- The Syndrome of the first paid director / Rowena Stewart -- The Long march to the new museum: a work in progress / Patrick Norris -- Life on a fiscal precipice / Holly Hotchner -- A Merger in limbo / Judith Hansen O'Toole -- Remaking the museum / Kathleen McLean and Suzanne LeBlanc.
- LCC: AM11
- Dewey Decimal: 069/.0973
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 192 p. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (hard)
- Museums -- United States -- Management -- Social aspects
- Museums -- Philosophy
- Social change -- United States -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books