Introducing the topic of animal classification to young readers, this book explains which insects can breathe under water, which insect can disguise itself to look like a bird dropping and why some insects have natural anti-freeze in their blood. It is one of a series which gives a taste of the great variety of creatures found in each animal group, from familiar pets to the more unusual animals. The book covers the key life processes set out in the science curriculum guidelines.
- Physical Description: 32 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1999-06-30
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books