Indian Renaissance: British romantic art and the prospect of India
"Indian Renaissance: British Romantic Art and the Prospect of India is the first comprehensive examination of British artists whose first-hand impressions and prospects of the Indian subcontinent became a stimulus for the Romantic Movement in England; it is also a survey of the transformation of the images brought home by these artists into the cultural imperatives of imperial, Victorian Britain."--Book jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 327-332) and index.
- LCC: N6766
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 336 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback : alk. paper)
- Art, British -- 18th century
- Art, British -- 19th century
- Romanticism in art -- Great Britain
- India -- In art
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books