In Vitro Toxicology Systems brings together important issues and considerations needed in order to develop a workable, reliable, integrated testing strategy for the replacement of animals in toxicity testing regimes. This thorough volume includes sections on in vitro models for systemic organ toxicity, neurotoxicity, sensory organs, immunotoxicity and reproductive toxicity and addresses how stem cells may be used going forward. The book also tackles difficult areas of toxicology such as carcinogenicity and nanotoxicology, with additional chapters dedicated to kinetics, metabolism, and in vitro in vivo extrapolation. The book also addresses biological processes such as stress response pathways and mechanistic biomarkers and how these can be uncovered and measured using high content approaches. Reliable and authoritative, In Vitro Toxicology Systems will be of benefit not only to students, scientists, and regulators working in the field of chemical safety assessment but also to a wider scientific audience.--
Includes bibliographical references and index.; Machine generated contents note: pt. I Introduction -- 1.The Past, Present, and Future of Chemical Risk Assessment / Alice Limonciel -- pt. II Systemic Organ Toxicity -- 2.In Vitro Systems for Hepatotoxicity Testing / Patricio Godoy -- 3.In Vitro Methods for Cardiotoxicity Testing / Agapios Sachinidis -- 4.Renal Cell Culture / Gerhard Gstraunthaler -- 5.Cellular Models for In Vitro Lung Toxicology / Oliver H. Wittekindt -- pt. III Neurotoxicity -- 6.In Vitro Developmental Neurotoxicity Testing: Relevant Models and Endpoints / Helena T. Hogberg -- 7.Blood -- Brain Barrier In Vitro Models and Their Applications in Toxicology / Maxime Culot -- pt. IV Sensory Organ Models -- 8.Ocular Toxicity / Valerie Zuang -- 9.In Vitro Models for Ototoxic Research / Michael G. Leitner -- pt. V Other Organs and Aspects -- 10.Dermal Toxicity: Skin Sensitization / Silvia Casati -- 11.Immunotoxicity / Thomas Hartung -- 12.Reproductive Toxicity / Cesare Galli --; Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Dewey Decimal: 615.907
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxi, 583 pages :
- Edition Info: ;
- Alternative toxicity testing
- Toxicity Tests -- Laboratory Manuals
- Animal Testing Alternatives -- Laboratory Manuals
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books