This easy-to-use guide is essential to researchers and genealogists pursuing their family histories within the Confederate military. Complete with detailed lists of various heritage websites and valuable information to help any novice or seasoned genealogist trace a family's past, In Search of Your Confederate Ancestors also provides battlefield information, archives on Confederate state with record holdings, and sources of the conflict between the North and South. The guide is a superb reference work for all genealogists and makes any quest for Southern soldier roots a thorough and successful one.The Civil War and its many complexities have fascinated J. H. Segars throughout his life. Born in Eatonton, Georgia, in 1949, he has held numerous volunteer and teaching positions at historical organizations. In addition to educating others about the intricacies of the Civil War, Mr. Segars is also involved in a number of organizations. He holds memberships in the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Sigma Nu Fraternity, the University of Georgia Alumni Association, and a number of other historical associations. At his leisure, Mr. Segars gives numerous presentations for historical societies and adult education groups throughout Georgia. He is also the founding president of the Northeast Georgia Civil War Round Table.
- Dewey Decimal: 929
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.8"x0.4"; 0.5 lb; 136 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-11-12
- History -- Americas -- United States -- Civil War -- General
- Reference -- Genealogy -- General
- Reference -- General
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books