Immortal summer: a Victorian woman's travels in the Southwest: the 1897 letters & photographs of Amelia Hollenback
Includes bibliographical references (p. 151-158) and index. Preface: The Hollenback Collection -- To Fort Leavenworth with Sweet Peas -- There's Nothing Puritanical about Flagstaff -- John Hance's Grand Old Canon -- Punching the Breeze on the Rim -- The 1897 Photographs -- Montezuma Had a Well and Castle in Arizona? -- Oh, To Be an Acoma Cow -- Snakes, Huggers, and Photographers at Hopi.
- LCC: F786
- Dewey Decimal: 979/.02
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 162 p. : ill., map ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Hollenback, Amelia,1877-1969 -- Travel -- Southwest, New
- Women travelers -- Southwest, New -- Biography
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History -- 19th century
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel
- Southwest, New -- History -- 1848- Pictorial works
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books