"In "Return of the Heroes," Walt Whitman refers to the casualties of the American Civil War: "the dead to me mar not ... / they fit very well in the landscape under the trees and grass ... " In her new poetry collection, Jude Nutter challenges Whitman's statement by exploring her own responses to war and conflict and, in a voice by turns rueful, dolorous, and imagistic, reveals why she cannot agree."--BOOK JACKET.
- LCC: PS3614
- Dewey Decimal: 811/.6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 109 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Violence -- Poetry
- Violence -- Philosophy -- Poetry
- Suffering -- Poetry
- Aggressive behavior in animals -- Poetry
- Human beings -- Animal nature -- Poetry
- Political atrocities -- Poetry
- Anti-war poetry, American
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books