Human behavior: an introduction for medical students
Includes bibliographical references and index. Foreword / Rosalynn Carter -- Foreword / Robert O. Pasnau -- The Calling of a Physician -- I. The Biopsychosocial Model of Understanding Behavior in Health and Illness. 1. The Doctor-Patient Relationship / Susan B. Shelton. 2. The Biopsychosocial Model in Medical Practice / Steven A. Cole, Stephen M. Saravay and Richard M. Levinson. 3. Psychological Factors Affecting Medical Conditions and Stress Responses / Edward A. Walker and Wayne J. Katon. 4. Culture, Ethnicity, and the Practice of Medicine / Peter J. Brown, Jessica Gregg and Bruce L. Ballard -- II. Major Psychological Theories of Human Behavior. 5. Psychoanalytic Psychology / Lawrence B. Inderbitzin, Andrew C. Furman and Mark E. James. 6. Behavioral and Social Learning Psychology / Pamela G. Dorsett -- III. Human Development through the Lifecycle. 7. Human Sexual Development and Physiology / Judith V. Becker, Bradley R. Johnson and John A. Hunter, Jr. 8. Childhood and Adolescent Development / Mary Lynn Dell and Mina K. Dulcan. 9. Medicine and the Family / Nadine J. Kaslow, Sari Gilman Aronson and Jennifer P. Wootten. 10. Adult and Later-Life Development / Thomas Wolman and Troy L. Thompson II. 11. The Psychology and Psychobiology of Developmental Trauma / Bessel A. van der Kolk -- IV. Biological Basis of Behavior. 12. Neurobiological Aspects of Behavior / Cort A. Pedersen, Bradley N. Gaynes and Robert N. Golden [et al.]. 13. Behavioral Genetics / Miron Baron -- V. Clinical Applications. 14. Supportive Psychological Care of the Medically III: A Synthesis of the Biopsychosocial Approach in Medical Care / Stephen A. Green.
- LCC: R726.7
- Dewey Decimal: 616/.001/9
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxvii, 532 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Human behavior
- Clinical health psychology
- Physician and patient
- Human Development
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books