Essays presented at the Utrecht Conference on Human Action and Causality, Apr. 24-26, 1996. Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Possibility of philosophy of action / Michael Smith -- Real reasons / Frederick Stoutland -- Reasons and the first person / Jaegwon Kim -- Freedom in belief and desire / Philip Pettit & Michael Smith -- Goodwill, determinism and justification / Maureen Sie -- Making X happen / Jan Bransen -- Minds, machines, and money / Fred Dretske -- What can the semantic properties of innate representations explain? / Pierre Jacob -- Efficacy of content / Tim Crane -- Two claims that can save a nonreductive account of mental causation / Marc Slors -- What we do / Lynne Rudder Baker -- Robust activity, event-causation, and agent-causation / Stefaan E. Cuypers
- LCC: B105
- Dewey Decimal: 128/.4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 298 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (HB : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books